www.Paragliders.com for information on learning to fly. www.AdventureToyStore.com to see our retail site.
12665 Minuteman Drive Suite 1
Draper, UT 84020 • USA
Here is a bit more about Cloud 9 Paragliding/Adventure Toy Store and some of what makes us the largest and most recognized flight school in North America.
1. Instructors: Cloud 9’s biggest advantage is we have multiple instructors. We have 5 full time guys and several part time instructors. We are the nations largest Paragliding school by a large margin and specialize in teaching you from the ground up at your own pace. With so many instructors, we can move some folks faster and if there are other students not picking things up as fast, they can be with other instructors.
2. Class Size: We keep class size super small. We shoot for a ratio of two students to one instructor. This is huge, if we have 3 students, we often use two instructors to make sure each student is getting enough attention and training.
3. Location: We have an actual retail location. We are Utah’s only Paragliding Retail Shop. A place to hang out, watch videos, meet other pilots, or kill time between flying. The new layout opens everything up and lets you browse our massive inventory of PG/Speed Flying gear. The upstairs is a dedicated school room for learning and open discussions.
4. Flights: We have a dedicated work truck. We shuttle you up and down the hill and on busy days we have a driver doing the driving, so as soon as you land, there is a truck to pick you up and get you back up the hill. We often get twice as many flights in with Cloud 9 than others.
5. Gear: We are the US importers for some of the world’s leading brands of gear. We are the ones selling the gear to the other schools, so our students get great savings on gear. We also have a huge selection in stock and ready to demo and test fly. With so many wings, you get a chance to fly a lot of different gear. Right now Ozone is the world leader in the paragliding industry hands down, www.flyozone.com and we are Ozone. We also import Supair www.supair.com and SOL for wings, reserves, and other accessories. www.solsports.com.br
6. We are good at what we do: Steve has taught and certified more P2’s than any United States Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (our governing body, USHPA for short) instructor in the history of the organization. We also have many other instructors that we utilize as much as we can.
7. We love speedflying: Cloud 9 brought the sport to the USA and is one of the best centers for learning and demoing gear. What’s special about this is we have a huge pile of mini-wings; so if it’s too strong to fly, we have smaller wings to kite. This can speed up your training and learning by leaps and bounds. Schools without these tools miss hours of quality training time. Also for those looking to merge into this exciting offshoot of our sport, we can make that happen very easily.
8. Prices: We charge a fair price. Our Express P2 Certification Course runs 10-14 days ($1445). This gives us time to get the training done and account for a couple bad weather days during your time here. Our Novice P2 Certification Course gives you three months to get signed off and come out on days that work for you ($1745). Both of our courses include your P3 and P4 as you grow and develop in the sport. We encourage our students to return for more brush up lessons and never charge for our mentorship at the Point after you are done with your P2. Once you finish the formal training (P2), there is always more to learn. We are here and encourage you to take advantage of us to work on more advanced skills, thermal flying, soaring in strong air, dealing with traffic, rides up and down the hill, etc. Our students get our student discount, which lasts the rest of their life. Once you’re part of the Cloud 9 Team, we will do our best to take great care of you.
9. Mini Wing Ratings: Now with the new additional ratings of M1 and M2 that encompass all speed wings, mini paragliders, and hybrids, we offer your certification here. If you have no experience on mini wings but have your P2 we can usually get you to your M1 in 2-4 lessons ($165 per lesson). For those of you with no experience we take you from ground zero to P2/M1 rated pilot with our full course (+$400 to either of our packages). This is a new and exciting off shoot of the sport that now has a rating specifically for it. We train you to go out and have fun and be safe. Learn from who brought the sport to the United States.
10. P2+: We have a dedicated instructor to help transition people from their P2 to greater skills. Visit evolutionunfolding.com for more details.
11. Ground School: When we are not flying, ground school and videos are ongoing at the shop. With a full time shop staff, we can each get a break, but our students can get as much time with someone as they need.
12. Other Sports: Cloud 9 offers more than Paragliding. After we get you hooked on one sport, there is Powered Paragliding, Speed Flying, Kite Surfing, Snow Kiting, and all kinds of fun toys. Cloud 9 customers get special prices on everything. We import most of the gear we sell, so we can offer quite unbeatable prices on all the equipment we sell.
13. Repairs: Justin is recognized around the world as the top repair technician in the sport. We fix any brand paraglider, repack reserves, do annual inspections, and fix most harnesses. Rips from a fence, PPG props, broken lines, a tear in your harness, are all easy fixes for Justin. Most of the flying schools in the USA as well as many of the top PG brands use us for their repair facility.
We could go on an on about how great we are, but find out for yourself! Stop in, give us a call, or schedule a lesson. As a bonus you will have the pleasure of meeting Sarah, our rock star shop manager and Atlas, our lovable ‘security’ dog who is worth the trip alone just to spend some time with him. The shop is open 10-4 Monday-Saturday (we teach 7 days a week) MST. Come by and say hi!